By Chyrisse Tabone, Tampa Correspondent and Amanda Cunningham, Photographer-London
Rock At Night has been following UK Northern Soul or blue-rock band Broken Witt Rebels for some time and finally interviewed them in June 2015 at the Jazz Cafe, London. It appears their single “Cloud My Day” from their EP Howlin’ (2014) is really taking off with reportedly 69,426 hits on Spotify. Broken Witt Rebels is now going on the road with new songs they have recorded in the studio for release in 2016.
“Shake Me Down”, the most recent single from the Howlin EP had 94,934 (now 105,918 streams) in just over 9 weeks on Soundcloud after having been only played once on BBC Introducing.
Here are some of the upcoming tour dates:
- Supporting Sugarmen at the rainbow in Birmingham on the 9th October.
- Headlining Hoxton Underbelly in London on 24th October.
- Supporting Dinosaur pileup on 2nd November at Rainbow courtyard Birmingham TBC
- Headline act at London Time Out Rising stars at The Jazz Cafe on 15th December
LISTEN TO SONGS FROM HOWLIN’
The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission to Rock At Night and the photographer. Use of any image is a violation of the United States and International Copyright laws.
I grew up in a household full of rock music, studied journalism in college, and then became a scientist.Although my science career has served me well, music has always played a major role in my life. I grew up reading "Creem" magazine; I play several musical instruments as a "hobby";and it seems a camera has always been in my hand. Now, I am combining what I love the most--music and photography--serving as editor of Rock At Night. My motto: life is short...no regrets. Chyrisse
Latest posts by Chyrisse (see all)
- Blondie releases new single “Long Time” off of the band’s forthcoming album ‘Pollinator’ - March 24, 2017
- Edgar Winter will be performing at The Capitol Theatre, Clearwater in March - February 28, 2017
- 70s favorites Three Dog Night and America play to a sold out crowd at Ruth Eckerd Hall - February 19, 2017